London Fortnum and Mason

Wanted to do breakfast at Fortnum and Mason, but there was some breakfast plans. I still wanted to head down to the store after seeing how pretty the dining place was.

Location
Picadilly Station. Its really easy to get here, just right outside the Picadilly Station

181 Piccadilly
London
W1A 1ER

The Store at Picadilly is the flagship store. There are several other stores around in London central. 

Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday 10am to 9pm
Sunday 11.30am* to 6pm
11:30am to 12 noon for browsing only


The Interior of the store is very grand and old-english style. Huge hanging chandeliers set on high ceilings, tins of cookies,tea,coffee all around the shop.
There are 5 restaurants in the building.
On the first level is The gallery and The fountain. Both have menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner menu. On the other levels are a wine bar, ice cream and dessert palour. Lastly on the highest floor is the most talked about Diamond Jubilee Tea Saloon. They are different Tea menu at 41pounds. Really expensive for a high tea. I will probably go there one day when I'm feeling rich and havent got any shopping to be done.

For now, I will just have lunch and some dessert at the Fountain. I was wow-ed by the interior of the entrance and bar area. Absoloutely my kind of place.


It was quite funny how my friend commented there was many old people around. I glanced around. Indeed there were many elderly dining here, but I was like hey doesn't it add to the authentic english feel? It's better than seeing many tourists around, it just loses the essence of the place.





Ordered a Leek and Potato soup. Then, this lady came with a rattan basket incribed with F&M, which opened up to a selected of 4 kinds of bread - Wheat, white, fruit, nuts. That's pretty interesting. 

My tea came in the most beautiful tea set I've ever seen. Makes the whole dining experience like a princess.


Chocolate lava cake with pistachio Ice cream. Ice cream was heavenly nutty taste of pistachio.




0 Responses

Post a Comment

abcs