Munich - Mountain Climbing to Zugspitze

Visited Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany standing at an elevation of 2,962m above sea level!  I predicted that it would be ass freezing at the top of the mountain, so I layered a few pieces of summer clothes. It was summer and I didn't want to bring another set of winter clothings, it would take up probably half my luggage space!




Getting to Zugspitze 
Getting to zugspitze is really easy, with the round trip ticket at 51euros, easily purchased at the station.
1) Take a train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen
2) Take a cog wheel train to Lake Eibsee. 
3) Eibsee cable car to the Peak of Zugspitze 




The cable car ride offers spectacular views down to the lake, before new horizons open up with a powerful panorama at the Zugspitze Peak.  However, it was really cloudy today and couldn't get a clear blue sky kinda view of the surrounding.


Ice spotted! 


It was very foggy and low visibility of the surrounding! =( Wasn't well prepared for the cold and I was freezing my ass off at the mountain top. The floor was slippery and it was rather difficult to walk around. I slipped and fell on my butt, it didn't really hurt until a few days later where I felt a sharp pain in my ankle everytime I walked, and traced back the pain from the fall =( 





It was too cold to stay any longer and we went into a restaurant to hide from the cold and ordered lunch. Nice having a hot meal high up in the cold mountains.


After lunch, went out into the viewing deck and was delighted and excited to see that it was SNOWING!! SNOWING in the summer, how would I expect that!!! I love snow, but hate the aftermath of snow, where floors turn slippery and dirty, having to avoid the piles of water on the street. But the process of snowing is just magical! Snow flakes landing onto you and forms a snowflake shape, and there are differerent kind of snowflake shapes! 

His first time seeing snow and he was like a 3 year old kid jumping around! 




0 Responses

Post a Comment

abcs