One Night in Beijing

\
This is one of my favourite hotel, Sofitel Wanda Beijing! Free internet, super awesome room with king size bed!

The traffic in Beijing city is kinda bad, and it took awhile before reaching the hotel

Best thing in this room...... the TV in front of the bath tub! I seldom use the bath tubs in hotel cos I just wanna get over and done with washing up, but I just had to enjoy the TV in this bath tub, even though I was just watching cartoon!
 
 


I was super hungry after touchdown and had nothing to eat! I opened the pringles and ate it. OMG its like 5sgd for that pringles?!

Its winter and its super cold at night. My ears were freezing and it could have dropped off if I didn't cover them!

The next early morning, I took a cab to silk market to do some shopping.

It opens at around 930am, and alot of people were crowding around the entrance even before it opened.

There's quite alot of shops selling knock off branded items who tried to cut your throat by quoting sky high prices. You gotta be thick skin enough and fierce so that you wouldn't get bullied.

I went into the first shop selling winter coat and just randomly asked for the price of a coat and she quoted be 500RMB, which is 100SGD. I walked away hearing how ridiculous the price was and she dragged me back and asked how much I was willing to pay for it. I insisted 100RMB and she said I was crazy and kept scolding me in mandarin. I was super pissed and scolded her back! Then she got scared and toned down. LOL. Like WTF right, forcing me to pay when I'm the customer. In the end she charged me 30sgd, 150RMB, but I was reluctant to buy from her cos her attitude sucked.
 
 Sunny day, but it was still cold.

Went back to the hotel area and headed to carrefour to get some stuffs. Bought 2 pre-packed peking duck cos I didn't had a chance to eat it! It was 1kg each and its super heavy with all the stuff I bought!
Posted by Picasa
0 Responses

Post a Comment

abcs