Start a new year in Shanghai

All I can say about the end of my 2011 and the start of 2012 is rather different. I spent the last moment of 2011 preparing for a flight to shanghai, and the start of 2012 on the flight itself. So much so that I've kinda lost the excitement of celebration for a new year or the end of an interesting year!



Touched down early in the morning just before the sun rose. Was so freaking tired that all I wanted was to crash on the bed. BUT, once I stepped into the room, I was wowed by how gorgeous it is. Look at the see through window into the toilet! I'm someone who's damn particular about toilets, and this is probably one of the nicest toilets I've seen. I didn't even use the bathtub on the left, cos the weather's so freaking cold that I just want a quick shower and snug into bed.


Thats the wardrobe and walkway from the door

The huge mirror and the very business-like table to put all my barangs. Unfortunately, the light is too dim for me to put on my makeup properly.



By the way, there are 2 beds. One for sleeping, and the other one? To chuck all my clothes and belongings. It definitely feels great to have a room to myself, that I don't have to be conscious about how I spread my things all over and being so untidy.

Thats the morning view from the hotel window.


Had lunch at a curry place just beside the hotel, then headed down to pearl centre for some shopping.

Well, probably one of my resolution in 2012 is to be more adventurous. So here I went, alone in a foreign land travelling to this mall in a taxi, hoping that he won't bring me to some weird place instead.

Enjoying the beautiful view of the city along the ride, and I love how picturesque these scenes are.


That's just outside Pearl Centre.
The stuff there are pretty pricey and gotta haggle quite a bit till both of us are frustrated with each other. Its kinda scary, how once u asked for the item, you are quite obliged to buy it, except for some nice ones who won't bug you to buy. Annoying!

Saw this hot pink car outside the mall and its really nice.


Saw this stall vendor along the street out of nowhere, selling animal furs. It looks like the whole piece of animal was skined alive! The head is still there!




Walked and walked, and saw this random nice cafe out of nowhere nice. Feels very korean.

Bought some strawberries along the street. Its kinda pricey, like RMB 25 for this small amount of strawberries. But omg, they are damn sweet and big. Just a pity that they almost rot the next day when I was about to eat it.

Shopped at Carrefour a little. Its so huge and they even sell clothings! Nowonder everyone goes there.


Alrights, back to the hotel for the new year dinner. I was kinda sian to go back cos I wanted to roam around more.


The food is damn good, and having a sweet tooth, what I like most is of course the dessert!

There's this chef who would cook the pancake is some sauce of butter, alcohol, cherry and orange syrup. Topped with some movenpick ice cream and you'll fly to the sky!

 

So that's my shopping loot, its really little! Just glad that I've gotten my boots as well =)







Posted by Picasa
0 Responses

Post a Comment

abcs