San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, Seoul Summer

31st July is National Cheesecake Day in USA and I happened to be in Cheesecake Factory! Even though I'm bursting from the huge portion of food, still gotta get a bite of it! Heeeheee its on half price!

This is the famous San Francisco Cable car, which has 3 types of routes. This is the Powell Mason route which runs from Powell Street Turnround all the way to Fisherman's Wharf. Its just less than 5 mins walk from the hotel so its very convenient. The ticket queue was kinda long as its the summer holidays now. Each Ticket costs USD$6. There's also those day passes if you're staying there a few more days. The queue to get up the cable car was even longer!
 


This busker started playinf drums by the street which I thought was a percussion set. It turned out to be from plastic containers and glass bottles!


Dropped off at Fisherman's Wharf which is the last station. The original plan was to have brunch then cycle to the Golden Gate Bridge, but in the end changed of plan. =(
 
 


This is the Boudin shop we were supposed to have brunch at. They had this huge aligator made of bread at the shop front. The baker inside was baking a small aligator, using the siccors to cut the scales! So interesting! There's also other animals made of the famous sourdough bread!
 


Thats a fire engine! Damn cool right!


After the 2 of them couldn't get the alcatraz tix, we headed for lunch at Boudin which was well known for its clam chowder. Initially I was thinking I don't eat clams and hmmmm what should I order. In the end, since its so highly recommended I shall just give it a try. Oh man, its the most awesome soup I've ever had! Its thick and yummy with lotsa clams and potatos. The chicken sandwich was damn awesome too! In the end I bought a can of the clam chowder back home! Now I regret not buying more cos its really nice.
 
 
After lunch, walked around the area of Pier39 which seems to be the popular area at the wharf. There's quite a number of interesting shops as you walk through the area, like a shop selling stuffs for left-handed people cos they are usually neglected!
 

The waffle biscuits for icecream smells damn butterily delicious but was too full to have it!
 
 


There's a Alcatraz gift shop and I was amazed by the little interesting gifts they sell. Now, that makes me wanna head to Alcatraz!


Pier with boats docked.
 
 




Thats a realy cute proposal case, but doubt guys will even notice that! That boy in our group just totally walked away without taking a second look at the Little Precious figurines.


heeeheeee my fave shots are with flowers!

There's a carousel in the middle of the concourse! Its only $3 per ticket, and $5 for 2 tickets! If I was there alone, I would probably pretend to be a child and join the queue!


Thats the Alcatraz Island across the sea, which is often referred to as "The Rock". It was a luxury civil war prison where there was hot showers. Surrounded by the tough waters and harsh cold,. no one had made a successful escape attempt from the prison. Either they were shot to death, froze to death or drown in the waters. There's a movie called "Escape from the Alcatraz" made, which explains why it popularity as a tourist destination. The earliest available tickets for ferry and entrance was 2 weeks away from the day I went. There's those black market ones along the shop booths but definitely at a marked up price!


Pearls in the Oyster.
"Pick the ugliest oyster and you'll get the prettiest pearl"


The wax museum. Statues of the US Pres at the entrance which seemed very popular to those crowds there! 



Haha, quite a cool poster yea? 


Crazy shopping at Union Square! Didn't buy alot of things but the expenses came up to alot! The little amounts just add up. The sales are kinda awesome, price on discount with additional 30% off. I love the AnF dress I got, its only 21USD, when singapore sells it at 150sgd!? Wheeee good deal.


Back to Seoul! I love Sheraton, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed. The service is good, the facilities and room is nice and its just right beside the train station despite it not being at the shopping area.

The Parc 55 Wydham @ Union Square is the worst hotel ever! When I asked for my room to be tidied, it wasn't even tidied. The lack of facilities makes me go crazy - no utensils, no slippers, no water heater?! And when I called the room svc for hot water they were like " you can use the coffee maker to make the hot water". Then I realised how they don't have utensils for my noodles, I called again, and this woman answered harshly " oh you, the hot water person, just tell me everything you need at a go, if you call again i'm gonna charge you" Like seriously thats the worst service i've ever had?! Firstly they are already lacking in so many things and now when I ask for it I'm treated as if these are luxuries?

So happy to be back in Seoul Sheraton. Its one of the nicest hotels around. Nice view, pleasant service personnel who speaks very good english!

Had Jim Dak at the mall beside - D-cube city. Its a lil spicy but still tasted nice! Usually I don't have the habit of finishing my food so its fine that I don't finish it anyway! haha!



dressing for a hot hot hot summer!
Its damn freaking hot, like 35 degress OMG! I got a shade or two darker after a day of shopping =(
Had Korean BBQ and seafood pancake. Usually the korean BBQ place have a minimum order portion of 2 but I can order just one portion here. But its not that fantastic, the meat is thin, unlike the prev time where the meat I had is super juicy! NOMNOM.


So hot I had to tie up my hair and remove the scarf!


Shop with the name MAD GIRL? what a brand name!
Changed my specs lens at one of the specs shop in Myeong Dong cos I couldn't find the shop that I went the previous time, It probably have closed down =(. Bargained and got a lil discount, yay! Its only 45,000W
Then while waiting for my specs to be ready, randomly walked into a saloon to ask about the price of volume magic perm. It was initially damn ex and I wasn;'t that keen in it, but the lady asked me how much I wanted, and I just quoted her 40,000w, the price which I asked about in Edae and she's like okok, just for you. Ok lah, these people damn bullshit, just anyhow quote prices and cutting it. Spent 1.5 hour inside and it turned out ok only, not that fantastic =(

0 Responses

Post a Comment

abcs